Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Embedded World Germany 2010

I've just returned from a trip to Embedded World Germany in Nuremberg, which is probably the biggest show for the embedded market.  You see a lot of the familiar faces in the embedded space from all around the world there.  Where else could you be talking to German, Norwegian, French, American, Canadian, and Japanese business people all within the span of ten minutes?  


My days were filled with press interviews, conference presentations and talking to customers.  My nights filled with scouring the schnitzel and sausage-filled menus for something, anything, green to eat.  The Olympics wrapped up while I was in Germany, and I got to have all my Canadian colleagues give me a good natured razzing after the Canadian hockey team beat the US 3-2 in overtime.  I guess I can finally admit that hockey is Canada's game and winning the silver is not bad!  Congratulations Canada!


The year's show was a great one for QNX.  There was lots of activity and interest in our Industrial developments--our Smart Energy reference design, our Building Automation demo, our Industrial protocol work with partners, and our real-time control demo.  On the automotive side, we were showing our latest QNX CAR with all the extra ng Connect features.  That same QNX technology went into the 2010 Audi A8 MultiMedia Infotainment system with full multimedia and Google Earth maps which had everyone drooling.  More than one person told me "this is my next car," and I don't blame them!




The show is now all packed up and everybody is home recovering from jet lag.  So I guess I'll see everyone next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment