Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Google and Sesame Street


I guess I'm feeling frivolous today after getting two nagging items from my tall todo stack completed, but...

I appreciate what Sesame Street and the much lesser renowned Electric Company did for me as a kid, but I think it's highly amusing that a veteran children's program gets far more attention from Google than any other topic I can think of.  Any other multi-day campaigns come to mind?  I can't think of any. 

Do you think that it says something about the age demographics of the powers that be at Google that they were running Sesame Street Google ads all week?  Or is it just a soft-spot for muppets?  A secret ploy by the Public Broadcasting Service to increase viewership?

I'm curious to hear your thoughts on it...

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps Google is now selling those spots, and Bird Bird and the boys are planning a comeback.

    ReplyDelete